PHOTO GALLERY ACTIVITY #
A photo gallery app activity is a basic activity for an Andromo-built mobile application. It allows the developer to collect and put in order pieces of visual content.
To add a photo gallery for Android app, create a new project, press the Components button on the left side of the screen, expand the Popular list of options, and choose a Photo gallery.
A photo gallery activity can be placed in a carousel group or a list group. A list group is static and holds the whole screen space (it comes by default), while a carousel group is scrollable.
When you have added a photo gallery activity and selected it (its icon on a builder structure should turn green), you can make group actions with this feature on the left part of the builder.
Firstly, you can upload your content by pressing the Browse images button. Choose a source folder on your laptop, highlight a required area, and upload all pieces of content together. Pay attention that all the pictures should be a maximum of 5MB in size per image.
When your files are uploaded, you can select them all by clicking on Group actions – select all.
Also in the Group action section, you can deselect all, or select some of them and move them to top, move to bottom, or delete them.
When you click on each piece of content from your file list, you can change a file’s name and add a description to it, if needed.
After taking necessary group actions on the activity and content, you can move to the right part of the builder and customize your photo gallery. Our app builder offers you three levels of customization.
Basic settings of the chosen activity.
MAIN SETTINGS #
Here, you have an URL of this particular activity. You can later use it for cross-linking among other app activities (for example, a custom page).
In this section, you can change the title of your activity, add a subtitle and a description to it. This will help users navigate through your app.
CONTENT SETTINGS #
This section helps you organize a visual representation of your content inside the activity.
You can choose the way your pieces of content will be seen inside the activity in the Grid style section:
- Image only, if you want only visual content to be represented in the app;
- Image with name, if pieces of content need to be distinguished by names, too;
- Image with name and description, if it is necessary to see descriptions to every picture, too.
Below, you can set a quantity of columns for your content group (from 1 to 5).
Tick the “Show photos count on dashboard” to display the quantity of images in this photo gallery activity.
Monetization settings section.
BANNER SETTINGS #
If you have previously set a monetization option to your app, you may or may not include a static banner in your photo gallery activity (tick if you want to display ads in this activity).
You can also choose an advertising network for this banner — AdMob or Facebook Ads.
INTERSTITIAL SETTINGS #
If you have previously set a monetization option to your app, you may or may not include interstitial ads in your photo gallery activity (tick if you want to display ads in this activity).
You can also choose an advertising network for this interstitial — AdMob or Facebook Ads.
A visual representation of your activity.
NAVIGATION DRAWER APPEARANCE #
The navigation drawer is a clickable icon in the left upper corner of your dashboard, that opens a list of all app’s features and helps users navigate through your app.
Here, you can set some navigation drawer’s parameters:
- Show activity in drawer (to make this activity seen on activities list);
- Show activity icon (to make an activity image seen on the list);
- Show activity subtitle (to make a subtitle seen on activities list);
- Add divider after activity (for the activity’s title to be divided from other titles by horizontal underlining).
APP BAR APPEARANCE #
The app bar is an upper line with the activity’s name on your app’s dashboard.
App bar leading section lets you choose what to depict on the app bar:
- Show back button (for making it possible to go back to the previous screen);
- Show drawer icon (for a drawer icon to be seen);
- Show nothing (for hiding the elements from the app bar).
You also have extra app bar settings here to tick:
- Show title in app bar (for your PDF activity’s name to be seen);
- Use app bar background image (for uploading and adjusting a background image for your activity’s app bar);
- Use custom app bar theme (tick this section to choose title’s color, font, and font’s size).
DASHBOARD APPEARANCE #
This section defines how this activity’s icon will be shown on the app dashboard.
In ‘’Look’’ section, you can choose the symbol which will represent your activity on general app’s dashboard:
- Show card (for displaying this category as a card);
- As list item (for showing an activity name only);
- As list item with icon (for choosing an icon);
- As list item with image (for showing an activity name with an image);
- As column item (for showing an activity name centered in the column);
- As column item with icon (for showing an activity name with an icon centered in the column);
- As column item with image (for showing an activity name with an image centered in the column).
Also, you can use a custom size of activity icon, or set parameters regarding a quantity of columns, rows. You will also need to set column and rows sizes at the activity’s group level (list or carousel), as well as at the Dashboard level (left side of dashboard settings).
Tick the Use custom styling and set the icon’s parameters:
- Spacing (offset from the sides);
- Radius (icon’s shape);
- Fonts, color, and size of an icon’s title;
- colors (of a card border, card background, and card title background).
You can turn on the Icon setting, so that the icon will appear on the activity card.
Tick the Use background image – Browse images to upload and set the icon’s background picture.
ACTIVITY APPEARANCE #
This section helps you set an interface of your activity.
Tick the Use background image for activity if you want to upload your picture as a background image inside the activity.
Add the image with the Browse image button. The file should be an image.
The activity itself also has a settings image (a gear). You can duplicate this activity, add ads there, or delete the activity.