CAROUSEL GROUP #
A carousel group is a format for placing activities on an app dashboard. A developer has two options — a carousel group and a list group (coming by default).
A carousel group works with a slider design. This means that activities placed under this group will be scrollable to the left. This helps make the user experience engaging. Also, with a carousel group, you can put any amount of activities without making your dashboard look long.
To add a carousel group, click on the Components section on the left part of your builder interface, expand the Popular list, and choose a Carousel group.
Now, all activities added under the name of this Carousel group will be devoted to the scrollable group. Later, you can also drag and drop activities to other groups.
A carousel group, as any app activity, has its settings.
Basic settings of the chosen activity.
MAIN SETTINGS #
Here, you have an URL of this particular activity. You can later use it for cross-linking among other app activities (for example, a custom page).
In this section, you can change the title of your activity, add a subtitle and a description to it. This will help users navigate through your app.
CONTENT SETTINGS #
This section helps you organize a visual representation of your content inside the activity.
- Tick on “show group title on drawer” to make a title of a carousel group seen on a drawer;
- Tick on “show group title on dashboard” to make a title of a carousel group seen on a dashboard;
- Tick on “show group subtitle on dashboard” to make a subtitle of a carousel group seen on a dashboard.
In the Style section, you can customize the appearance of your Carousel group.
DASHBOARD APPEARANCE #
This section defines how this carousel group’s icon will be shown on the app dashboard.
You can set column and row quantity at the carousel group (from 1 to 5 each).
SECTION TITLE APPEARANCE #
In this section, you can customize the title of your carousel group.
- Set a number of columns for a Carousel group title to be placed at;
- Choose a font, its color, and size for a group’s title;
- Choose a font, its color, and size for a group’s subtitle;
- Set group’s title spacing (offset from the sides).
The Carousel group itself also has a settings image on an app scheme (a gear). You can press it to delete the group.
Also, the Carousel group has a roll-up button. You can press it to roll up the Carousel group and all activities devoted to it. It is convenient for working on other groups and activities.