Andromo App Maker for Android version 5.1.0 has been released.
Here is a list of changes in this version:
- Apps now target Android 8.1 (API level 27) – one better than Google’s mandated API 26 target requirement effective August 2018!
- Changed minimum version requirement to Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” (API level 16).
- Many (!) changes to fix and update things that would not work due to changes introduced in Android API 26 and API 27. Many months of work…
- Extensive internal changes to work around new restrictions on background services.
- Changes to how audio cache data is accessed to eliminate the risk of TransactionTooLargeException for very large playlists.
- Improved audio cache management when switching between activities.
- Improved audio cache data storage.
- Changes to how “Download and play” actions are implemented.
- A progress notification is shown while podcast files are downloaded.
- Made it so “Show track info” works with SHOUTcast stream URLs that end in “;” or “;stream/1”
- Fixed navigating “back” to the parent activity after clicking on an audio notification.
- Added some missing French language translations.
Andromo App Maker for Android v5.1.0 is now live at www.andromo.com.